Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Why is it?

Why is it that whenever your baby has a really good night and actually stays asleep you wake up thinking something bad must have happened? I remember the first time Briana slept through the night I woke up so panicked. When William did it I was less panicked but still checked on him. Alyssa brought back that panicky feeling . . .

Sunday night Alyssa wakes up at her usual 3:30am feeding time but does not want to eat. Instead she is covered with throw-up. So, I change her and put her in the car seat in our room so I can monitor her breathing. Not even 10 minutes later she is throwing up mucus and can barely breathe. So I was pretty much up until 6am after all the clothing changes and breathing difficulties. Then I slept with one eye open listening for any more signs of struggle. It was a really tough night.

So, Monday night I am anticipating more of the same. I go to sleep and wake up at 7:15am and instantly think that Alyssa must have choked during the night and I failed to help her. So, I immediately walk into her room to check on her. There she was sound asleep and stayed that way until 9am. I am thrilled that she slept over 11 hours in a row at night. She really could have chosen a better night to reach this accomplishment.

So, far I'm not holding out too much hope that she has officially dropped her 4am feeding. If she can skip it for at least a week then I know I'm in the clear. :-)

No comments: