Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Briana-isms

Briana is also at such a fun age. I am often amazed by the way she thinks about things and can figure stuff out on her own. Not to mention her new love for art. She spends hours drawing and coloring.

1. Can you lay down next to me? Tucking Briana in at night is never complete until I lay down with her for a few minutes. She often asks for a story or I ask about her day. I enjoy our few minutes together at night before she drifts off to sleep.

2. My friend Shelby - Briana started school this year and has a best friend. The first of many. Every time I ask about her day at school the description ALWAYS includes a story about Shelby.

3. Mommy, Can I have dessert? - I'm not sure where this obsession began but she asks for dessert after EVERY meal, even breakfast. I then explain that we don't eat dessert after breakfast. So, now she asks; Mommy, what meal is this? If I say lunch or dinner then she knows I will give her a small treat for dessert.

4. Can I help you? - Briana is at the age where she wants to help with everything from cooking to cleaning to checking the mail. It's nice to have her so involved but there are times where she seems to be constantly underfoot.

5. Can I eat like a puppy? - This is not something I try and encourage. Just like it sounds, she likes to eat sometimes "like a puppy". Most times she asks first so that I'll help tie her hair back. For a while she wanted to "eat like a puppy" on the floor but lately it seems to be done at the table. This is actually something I won't be missing when it finally passes.

No comments: