Friday, December 26, 2008

Hey! I didn't see 25 entries for the 25 days of Christmas

It's true I did not complete the project as planned. I do have two more days to upload and haven't been feeling well so they will have to wait.

When the project idea first came to me the days just seemed to fill in themselves. There were definitely a few bumps in the road. I didn't visit the Christmas Tree Farm as planned because Alyssa had shots the day before and slept in. I felt she needed the rest. I planned to attend another Santa/Craft/Snow day put on by my HOA but when I found out that they were charging $5 per child just to play in the snow, I boycotted the event. I was so excited to have the kids donate to Toys for Tots but by the time I was ready to make the donation it was too late. Of course a few crafts along the way were left undone. I still love the concept and will definitely do it again next year. I may just do the 20 days of Christmas or not focus on a number at all just the fun activities!

What I absolutely loved about this project is that it made me do things with the kids that I had not attempted until this year. The Gingerbread house for instance was a favorite of my kids and so we will definitely do another one next year. I let the kids use cookie cutters and sprinkles in order to make cookies for Santa, another favorite. They did far better with the Santa letters than I had even anticipated and will be that much more ready to do a letter for Santa next year. I did get a fairly good picture of the kids with Santa. Our picture at the Christmas party made me think that I should get more pictures of me with the kids at more of the play dates we do throughout the year with the group.

Now on to the new year and more great times with my kids. They are truly growing so fast!

No comments: