Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Worst Photo Session Ever!

We have been getting our pictures taken at the Sears portrait studio for just about five years now. They have always done such a great job and we are always happy with the pictures . . . until today. We walk in as usual and there are no promotional posters on the wall and it looks like the place is just about to shut down. My heart sank when I didn't see our usual lady there to take our pictures. Keeping an open mind, I thought why not give someone new a chance. They had never steered us wrong before . . .

They have only one person working behind the counter and she is the same person who will be taking our pictures. She spends about 20 minutes taking all of our pictures and never once tries to get the kids to smile. Usually, it takes just over an hour to get the kids to cooperate and smile. So, at this point I'm thinking maybe she just happened to get some good shots and didn't need to work so hard at getting smiles.

Then we see the pictures. They were absolutely terrible. By far the worst pictures I had ever seen taken at a portrait studio. She managed to reflect light off of Briana's glasses with each shot. She did not work on the kids leg positions and so there were shots were their legs should have been crossed and they were not. Our faces were not at the correct angle on most shots. There were family pictures where everyone is looking in a slightly different direction. So, we politely rejected the photos and got the hell out of there. Alan actually was trying to schedule another appointment when I whispered to him that we were never coming back here again.
So, it's off to find another picture place for our photos this year. it will be an adventure but in the end I'm hoping for some great family photos . . .

2 comments:

Sarah Ommen said...

Go to Allie! Just check our her site first! She is truly amazing :) and very patient.

Jenilee said...

aww I'm sorry. sears/jc penney and all those places seem to be like that :( I always had bad experiences when I used to take the kiddos, one of the main reasons I started doing photography to begin with. You are more than welcome to do pics with me! I'd be happy to give you a great deal & wave the sitting fee!