Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ittle

William was such an early talker and he can say almost anything perfectly. He is probably the only 2 year old in the world who can say Briana. Which turns out is a difficult name for most little kids. He did call her Nana until he turned 2. Which leaves me to wonder what Alyssa will call her . . .

Even William has a few words here and there that are just too adorable to forget. One of these such words is ittle. Ittle is basically William's way of saying little. Ever since baby sister arrived on the scene I hear this word often. Briana and William have got each others back and will often grab stuff for one another in various situations. For example, William will get his haircut and afterwards he gets a lollipop. If Briana does not go with him he will get an extra lollipop and say, "This one is for Briana." Briana does the same for William. This is something I may have encouraged the first few times but they both do it with absolutely no prompting. I can't even remember how it all started but I love how they look out for one another.

Now baby sister is here. Of course mommy has to ask each time, "What about Alyssa?" To which I receive the reply from William, "she is too ittle." And for now he is actually right. A five month old does not need lollipops, stickers and other small trinkets. Now, I'll admit, I just ask so I can hear him say ittle. It seems to me you just get use to how they say something and love how adorable it is. Then just like that they learn how to say it the right way and even start correcting you!!

So, this is for my ittle guy. Stop growing up so fast!! Say ittle for as long as you want. :)

2 comments:

Jenilee said...

awww peterann your kids are so adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwe, this little story made me get teary eyed. I love Ricky's cute "ittle" words too.