Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween at the VFW

My dad has been hanging out at the local VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) and they hosted a Halloween party for the kids of the community. So, we decided to check it out. The kids did have a good time with the free hot dogs, treats, candy and pumpkins. For me it was a little disorganized and I wasn't quite sure what the event entailed.

When we first arrived the kids got food right away. I was so hungry but didn't know what was available for us adults. I would have bought something but didn't know what was available. A woman came up while we were getting the kids something to eat and asked what we wanted to drink. So, we placed our order for diet cokes that were promptly brought out. When I went back to get another soda for my mom I was told I had to pay for that at the bar. Confusing? Yes.

Once the kids had eaten they began to get restless and I was still starving so I made my way for the door. At this point it was already 1pm. As I was walking out the lady said, we are having the magic show and costume contest soon. Well I had already been there for an hour and this event was suppose to end at 4. So, I didn't want to take the chance on this magic show especially since I hadn't had a thing to eat. So we left while my sister and her family stayed. I didn't expect to see them at all because we planned on going back home after our lunch. Just as we were packing up to leave we heard the door and they came back home just after 2. Apparently, others began to leave so they did do the magic show and my niece won first prize in the costume contest then everyone was kicked out. I feel sorry for the people who thought they would come by later. I'm not sure we will return next year. Just little too much confusion for me. My dad wasn't even there, he had to work that day!!

My Nephew

William fell asleep in the car and continued to sleep for nearly an hour.


My sister and nephew



Alyssa and Grandma

No comments: