Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Briana's Road Trip

Today, Briana went on her first road trip without mommy and daddy. Her grandparents wanted to take her to Vegas to visit her cousin and other relatives for a few days. She was so excited about going, it was all she could talk about during the past few days. It was hard to watch her go but I know she is having a great time and she is in good hands. I also know that this trip is the first of many more to come. Eventually, William and Alyssa will get their turn with the grandparents as well. I know all the kids will look back at their special one on one time as a fond memory from their childhood. That makes it a little easier for me to let her go. No matter how hard it has been for me, William is practically heart broken without his big sister. He plays for a while, realizes she's gone and begins to cry for her, then continues to play. He actually took it a little better than I thought he would. Up until they left without him, he thought he was going too. (No matter how many times I told him he was staying with mommy and daddy.)

No comments: