Monday, January 4, 2010

My smart little monkey!

I don't think I have become a full fledged germ-a-phobe just yet. I do carry hand sanitizer, make my kids wash their hands and cover their sneezes & coughs with the crook of their elbow and not their hand. William, out of pure rebellion, will fight me on all these fronts no matter how many times I explain about germs and sickness. I'm constantly showing him how to cover his mouth and chasing him down with hand sanitizer. Alyssa learned to rub sanitizer on her hands months ago. I just did it for her a few times and she quickly caught on. (We frequent the gym and one can only imagine the germs in that place!) She is only 19 months old and so I haven't really shown her how to cover her sneezes. Apparently, she has caught on anyway. My smart little girl was outside today playing when she had to sneeze. And wouldn't you know she covered her nose and mouth with her arm and not her hand. What a smart little monkey. She smiled so proudly as Briana and I complimented her on a job well done.

No comments: