Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Do you understand?

There is always a part of me that wonders how much William truly understands when I am disciplining him or trying to explain why he can't do certain things. I will often times tell him not to hit his sister and he will try and run away from me. So, I have to take him by the hand and look him in the eye and say " William we don't hit because it hurts, do you understand?" He usually says yes, then he gives Briana a hug and we move on with our day.

This morning, I was changing his diaper as usual. He tells me, mama don't touch the poo poo. (Something I always had to tell him during the diaper grabbing phase.) I tell him, that's right William, don't touch the poo poo. He then takes my hand and tells me, do you understand? It will make you sick.

It was the cutest thing! I wanted to pick him up and give him a huge hug but instead I told him, yes I understand it will make me sick. :)

No comments: